Switch to Social Work is a new way to qualify for social work, with a 2-year program that combines study, training and paid work in the child and family services sector.
By helping with the cost of study towards a Master in Social Work (Child and Family Practice), this program makes it easier for more diverse career changers to begin work in children and families services. The program offers generous supports including paid work during study and a scholarship that covers all tuition costs.
Switch to Social Work is a partnership between the Victorian government, the Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare, community services organisations and La Trobe University.
Applications for Switch to Social work are now closed. To sign up as a host organisation, please contact the STSW team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants selected for this program will be provided:
- full tuition fee scholarship
- a cost-of-living allowance in the first year
- expanded workplace training opportunities with intensive industry supervision
- access to industry networks and industry mentors
- industry-standard wage in the second year with a paid internship in a community service-organisation
- tailored support while studying
To find out more information please visit Switch to Social Work website.
If you have any questions about Switch to Social Work please email: email@example.com