About Secure Care Services
Secure Care Services is a specialist state-wide service for children and young people aged 10-17 years who are subject to a child protection intervention and who have been assessed as being at substantial and immediate risk of harm.
The aim of Secure Care Services is to keep children and young people safe while assertive intervention and case planning is established to address the protection needs of the child or young person, reduce the risk of harm and return the child or young person to the community as soon as possible in a safe and planned way.
Secure Care Services operates two secure residential facilities in inner north-west metropolitan Melbourne and staff work onsite.
Working in Secure Care Services
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about supporting children and young people who may have experienced significant trauma and display challenging behaviours through times of instability and crisis.
Working in Secure Care Services means;
- Opportunities to work in ongoing, fixed-term or casual roles, with overtime rates and penalty rates for weekends and public holidays as stipulated in the Victorian Public Sector EBA.
- A comprehensive onboarding process for all new starters and continuous training opportunities while on the job.
- The opportunity to start or advance your career in the Victoria Public Service
- Employee wellbeing and support programs available to all employees.
- Many roles in Secure Care are on the Children, Youth and Families (CYF) grading. Ongoing and fixed-term employees on CYF grading receive one additional week of annual leave per annum, pro rata for part time employees.
What are the requirements?
To work in Secure Care Services, candidates are required to;
- Complete a National Crime Check
- Complete a pre-employment medical assessment
- Hold or obtain prior to commencement a Senior First Aid/CPR certificate
- Hold or obtain an Employee Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Consent to be registered on the Victorian Carer’s Register
- A Certificate IV in Community Services, Youth or equivalent qualification is mandatory for non entry-level positions in Secure Care Services and is highly desirable for entry-level positions.
Apply for available roles in Secure Care Services via the Careers Vic website.