The Department of Families, Fairness and Housing has an updated Fraud, corruption and other losses policy. The policy applies to all department staff, executive officers, contractors, service providers and consultants.
- Describes what fraud and corruption is and how it can impact on the functions and service delivery of the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing.
- Describes roles and responsibilities of individuals and business areas within the department regarding the management of fraud and corruption.
- Describes the process of reporting fraud and corruption, including escalation paths.
- Illustrates how the principles in the Australian Standard AS 8001:2021 Fraud and corruption control translate to action within the department.
- Describes how reports of fraud and corruption are investigated or referred to investigating agencies
- Sets out the department's fraud, corruption and other losses prevention and management policy as required by the Standing Directions of the Minister for Finance.