Empowering communities to build a fairer and safer Victoria.
We are responsive
- We provide frank, impartial and timely advice to the Victorian Government.
- We provide high-quality services to the Victorian community.
- We identify and promote best practice.
- We listen to people and communities and respond to their needs.
- We use person-centred approaches to service and program delivery.
- We promote a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
We have integrity
- We are honest, open and transparent in our dealings.
- We use powers responsibly.
- We report improper conduct.
- We avoid any real or apparent conflicts of interest.
- We strive to earn and sustain public trust.
- We are trustworthy, and we do what we say we will do.
- We stay true to our values when it is easy and when it is difficult.
- We value a broad range of evidence and knowledge systems.
We are impartial
- We make decisions and provide advice on merit and without bias, caprice, favouritism or self-interest.
- We act fairly by objectively considering all relevant facts and fair criteria.
- We implement Victorian Government policies and programs equitably.
- We consider data and evidence and community feedback in our advice.
- We check for unconscious bias and provide safe spaces for different perspectives.
- We consider all options, and once a decision is made we work as one.
We show respect
- We show respect for colleagues, other public officials and members of the Victorian community.
- We treat our colleagues, other public officials and members of the Victorian community fairly and objectively.
- We ensure freedom from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
- We use colleagues, other public officials and members of the Victorian community’s views to improve outcomes on an ongoing basis.
- We are connected to community and we listen to their perspectives.
- We create partnerships with local people and organisations.
- We empower communities by building capacity and resilience.
- We use humanising and strengths-based language.
- We respect a diversity of perspectives.
- We create safe spaces to seek out and hear the voices of people with lived experience.
We are accountable
- We work to clear objectives in a transparent manner.
- We accept responsibility for our decisions and actions.
- We seek to achieve the best use of resources.
- We submit ourselves to appropriate scrutiny.
- We aim to make a tangible difference.
- We aim to improve equality of opportunity and outcomes for Victorians.
- We make best use of government resources.
- We aim to provide support at the right time and in the right place for people who need it.
- We actively implement, promote and support these values.
- We celebrate success and learn from our experiences.
- We remove barriers to participation whenever we can.
- We demonstrate our values in our interactions.
- We have a supportive and collaborative culture.
We respect human rights
- We respect and promote the human rights set out in the Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006.
- We make decisions and provide advice consistent with human rights.
- We actively implement, promote and support human rights.
- We are inclusive.
- Aboriginal people and communities determine how services will be delivered to them.
- We work with Aboriginal communities, LGBTIQ+ communities, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, young people, older people, women, veterans and people with disability to end discrimination.
- We promote gender equality and diversity in the workforce.