Every Victorian should be able to access healthy and culturally appropriate food. With the cost of living rising, putting more pressure on people living on the minimum wage, accessing a choice of good food can be a challenge for many Victorians.
The pop-up food relief markets will deliver healthy and culturally appropriate food to Victorians through Farmer’s market style stalls.
Applications open on 20 July 2022 and close on 17 August 2022.
Community organisations can apply for either:
- A small project grant of up to $25,000, to provide a minimum of four markets over two months.
- A Large project grant of up to $85,000, for partnerships of organisations to provide a minimum of 10 markets over six months
Pop-up Food Relief Market grants can be used by organisations to cover the costs associated with delivering food relief markets, such as buying culturally appropriate food.
In their submissions, applicants will need to consider:
- Where the markets will be held
- What communities will be supported to access the markets
- What foods will be available that are healthy and reflect local cultural needs
Through initiatives like the Pop-up Food Relief Market grants, the Victorian Government is working to make sure every person who needs food relief can access fresh and culturally-appropriate food.
Email our Food Relief team Foodrelief.Team@dhhs.vic.gov.au for more information.