Changing Places accessible public toilets and changerooms make Victoria more inclusive and accessible for people with disability who have higher support requirements. Changing Places make a real difference to people’s lives.
They provide suitable facilities for people who cannot use standard accessible toilets. We want all Victorians to be able to enjoy the best of what this state has to offer.
A new Victorian Government grant round is now open to build more Changing Places across the state. Grants of up to $180,000 are now available under two categories:
- local government authorities and not for profit organisations to build a Changing Place in their local community
- tourism destinations to grow the Victorian accessible tourism economy.
Priority will be given to applications:
- which do not have a Changing Places in their municipality
- that are able to demonstrate an identified need from people with disability, their families, friends, and carers for a Changing Places facility in their local community
- that can provide evidence of the extent of local support for the proposed Changing Places facility.
Changing Places provide suitable facilities for people who cannot use standard accessible toilets. They allow people with high support requirements to fully participate in the community.
Grant applications close on 14 April 2023.
To find out more about the grants go to Changing places funding round webpage.
Refreshed Changing Places website
The Victorian Government has also invested in redeveloping the national Changing Places website. It is now updated to be more accessible, secure and functional for all users.
You can go to the website to find:
- your nearest Changing Places toilet in Australia
- information for organisations wanting to construct a Changing Place facility
- information and advocacy packs
To see the new site visit Changing places website.
Changing Places are a best-practice example of universal design. Universal design is a systemic reform area of Inclusive Victoria: State disability plan 2022–26.